I’ve decided to write a post each Sunday to talk about what I got up to 🙂
So here are the main things I did today:
1) painted and decorated my nails with nail varnish and nail art pen from Topshop, and realised I don’t have the steadiest hand and am not the most patient person when it comes to waiting for nail varnish to dry!
Here’s the result ( I went for simple spots with a stripe feature on the thumb nail):
2) Enjoyed the sun in the garden and walked one of the kittens on a lead!
3) Groomed the big cat, who now has a very shiny coat
4) Got my finger massacred by the kitten (after I’d done my nails) Thought I’d spare the gore and add a black and white picture! Unfortunately because of this close up you can also see how inaccurate my spots were!…
5) Watched The Voice UK. There are some great singers, especially Ruth and Jaz.
6) Wrote this
I hope my next few Sundays are a bit more interesting.
Wait for the next instalment!
I got some imPRESS nails the other day and applied them last night ready for the weekend! The only other fake nails I’ve tried are the ones which come with nail glue and I’ve found that it gets really stuck on the nail once you’ve removed the fakes and damages the nail so these imPRESS nails looked a lot less damaging and easier to put on as they don’t use glue.
It’s a really simple process to apply them- takes less than 2 minutes! Just select the right size for each nail then just peel off the tabs and simply press them on really firmly and that’s it! They look really good and fit the natural nail really well. Available in lots of different colours and effects. Boots have them, priced at either £7.99 or £8.99 (see this link) http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/EndecaSearchListerViewstoreId=10052&langId=1&c atalogId=11051&stReq=1&searchTerm=impress&newDepSearch=&x=0&y=0#container
The nails are meant to last up to a week but I’m not sure how hardy they are once you’ve washed up/ washed your hair a few times etc. But at the moment they seem to be staying put quite well.
Here’s a pic of the finished product:
Today I purchased two lovely Max Factor Max Effect Mini Nail Polishes- Mellow Yellow and Cool Jade. I thought they were great colours for the summer and for a quirky and fun look I decided to use both of them.
I used 2 coats which gave good coverage, I then followed this with No7 ‘Stay Perfect’ clear nail varnish as a topcoat.
Also it’s 3 for 2 across loads of make up products in Boots at the moment- my third item was Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara. I’ll do a post on it when I’ve tried it out.